We are delighted to announce an exciting new start-up competition with live finals on December 4th in Miami as part of MEF Americas 2012 Mobile Content & Commerce: the essential cross- border event for thought leaders & deal makers from across North & Latin America’s mobile ecosystems.
Hosted by Red Herring CEO, Alex Vieux, 10 mobile start-ups finalists will get the opportunity to pitch in front of an expert judging panel of VCs and regional experts as well as the 250 executive mobile delegates. The live final will see the start-ups battle it out to determine the winner for each region, North and Latin America, MEF Americas 2012 Award for Mobile Innovation.
The competition is open to any mobile content and commerce start-up actively innovating in the North America and Latin America regions.
Deadline for entry is midnight PST 16th November – so make sure you act fast to not miss out
- Companies who have received angel investment or Series A-round funding
- Product in market less than 2 years
- Active in the mobile space in North America and / or Latin America
- Idea is innovative and disruptive
- Business plan is viable, has a monetization strategy, targets a large market, is scalable and has the potential to be a ‘billion dollar plus’ idea
- There has been progress on the development of the idea (at a minimum, there are detailed set of design mock-ups)
How to Enter
All submissions and pitches must be in English
For more information on the two-day cross-border event of the year go to www.mefamericas.com
- Each finalist will receive a complimentary two-day event ticket to MEF Americas 2012 (worth $800) giving you full access to the conference and workshops plus unrivalled networking opportunities with North and Latin America’s top mobile executives including carriers, brands, retailers, payment providers, agencies
- Two winners: one start-up will be selected from each region
- Accolade and glory: Regional Winner of the first-ever MEF Americas Award for Mobile Innovation
- A full year’s membership to MEF www.mefmobile.org – the global trade association for mobile content and commerce. With benefits including access to exclusive global networking events, trade events, speaking opportunities, analytics, member discounts on industry products & services, worth up to $50,000
- A dedicated feature in Red Herring
- Dedicated press release announcing the winners